That is then flavour  dependent  -  in  information flavour there
is a zero element , that's  where the overflowing elements go
( if any)  in a matparse.

-- mats
Martin Phillips skrev:
Hi Dennis,

So A<0> = X  is a way quicker way of writing A = X : @fm : A

I'm not sure that this is a safe assumption. I have taken a quick look at the documentation for various mv products and they tend not to define what will happen.

Trying your example with UV does not produce the result that you quote.

I think that the real issue here is that there is no field zero. It is up to the different products to determine what they do in this case as there doesn't appear to be an agreed behaviour.