-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony G
Sent: 20 August 2008 18:07
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] SOAP in Unidata 6.1

Larry - have a look at the video on our website:
removepleaseNebula-RnD.com/products/gallery.htm

You can do this in less than 20 minutes.  You said free so
disregard references to mv.NET and use UO.NET.  The point here is
that the SOAP/webservice part is completely generated by Visual
Studio.  The only thing you need to do is connect to Unidata and
exchange plain text.

My general policy is to use the database as a database, not as an
engine for XML, web services, ODBC, or many of the other
non-portable things that get embedded into the engine.  YMMV

HTH
Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com

> From: Larry Hiscock
> Does anyone have a working SOAP example in Unidata (UD
> 6.1) that they'd be willing to share?  Preferably one
> that works with a free (or demo) webservice that I can
> use to test.  I've done webservices before in .NET,
> but not in Unidata.  The example in the manuals looks
> pretty simple, but doesn't actually work.
18:53
18:53