Hi Tony

One of the reasons to keep everything in the U2 environment is that it is
nice for an ISV when you have little control of the environment you putting
the product in.  If you can just load universe on the server and everything
works life is easy.  Every time you layer another product, it is one more
thing that can go wrong.  I have had to put applications into difficult,
high secure environments and the simpler the environment the easier.  It is
also cheaper as you do not need as many support staff.

What makes me nervous and this includes IBM tools, is that clean simple
environment to install and support is not as easy to do and it is something
all tool providers need to focus on if they want ISVs to include their
tools.

Regards

David Jordan