I guess it would depend on the size of the database.

If you had your drives mirrored, and every two hours,
   broke the mirror, and created a differential backup of
   of the mirror on another system (ex. rdiff-backup).

This would create a duplicate system based on the mirror,
as long as your drives could update the mirror quick enough
when reconnected within the two hours before it will be broken
again.

rdiff-backup will work locally on a LAN, or through the internet
   to create an offsite duplicate server for disaster protection.

George