After speaking with our administrator he said:

Technically the card and switches are set to "Auto-Duplex", which means
they are running in Full Duplex mode.

One weird things is these transport errors only occur between 1 AM and 6
AM.  We receive multiple in that time span but not all at the same time
and the same client does not have more than one.  For example:

2:01 AM Client A has the issue
2:32 AM Client C has the issue
2:46 AM Client B has the issue
2:59 AM Client D has the issue

I should mention that our backups complete before 2AM.  The night before
they were staggered like this but it all started at 3:00 AM.  Here is
the interesting thing.  We have 5 minute trapping of the listuser on our
UniData server.  We trap how many connections each client is using
(count of udcs by authentication credentials).  Every time this
transport occurs it occurs when a new udcs connection is being spawned.
For example client A may have not connections because the worker process
on IIS has shutdown for inactivity.  When activity occurs and the worker
process spawns the min connection I believe that connection is throwing
the transport error.  It also occurs when a client has had a min
connection of one and then it spawns a new connection and that new
connection has the transport error.  I believe these new connections are
the ones getting the transport error and I don't see the count go up
because a new one is spawned as a result of the transport error
happening.  This is because the logs on the server are only every 5
minutes.

Weird.  We are bumping up network logging but again we are pretty much
done with trying to figure out why and just writing better code to
handle the error when it occurs.