OMG.  That is hilarious.  Thanks for sharing.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Jacques G.
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 3:24 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UV to SAP migration disaster

An IBM vendor went to a company I used to work for to try to get them to
dump their current Unidata database and switch to DB2, how much new and
better it was.  One of the advantages he listed was "IBM support".

So one guy in our IT department told him:  "You really don't know
anything about Unidata do you ?"
So the vendor asked him what he meant by that.

So he told him: "Unidata's an IBM product currently supported by IBM.
You didn't even know that.  What kind of credibility can you expect to
have in listing DB2's advantages Unidata if you didn't even know that ?
"

It's not a good thing when a guy in a company bashes his own company's
product.   At least the guy had the sense to look embarassed.