I started this thread and I thank those who have helped me think about it. Some good ideas there.

But, hey guys, one of the thread's rules was:

  "2. NOT about GOTO.  Take it outside."

So if you don't stop, I will have to come down on this with my full authority. (My full authority consists of a polite request to change the subject line & abandon this thread. Can't think of anything else.)

I think all that can be said about GOTO has been said; everyone already knows every arguments on every side. If you have a standard in that regard & I'm programming for you, I promise to abide by it & make it work.

cds