Matt,

[ad]
We have a complete solution that does not require you to build any Web tools
yourself.  Our solution runs under open source Apache Tomcat and uses
UniObjects for Java (UOJ) to talk to the Universe or Unidata.  Jabsorb.org,
json-rpc.org, log4j, Quartz and numerous Java libraries to handle the AJAX
transport between Universe and the Web are other open source we use.  You
can use any browser such as IE, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.

U2WebLink, our middleware, has replication technology which is very import
for our Web clients. U2WebLink can handle replication between a Publisher
and multiple Subscribers whether one is Universe and the other is Unidata.
This replication does not require you to change or configure you database
any differently.  You just have to wrapper your writes and deletes with a
call to our subroutine that you want replicated.  Our subroutines have this
capability already built-in.

Scalability is not an issue.  We have sites doing between 100 transactions
to 15,000 per hour.  We do not require you to use IBM connection pooling
since we handle this through UOJ and our connection manager.  Our open
source logger can create a lot of detail login information which is not the
case with standard UOJ.  We have a built in subroutines to do the equivalent
of "CRT Statements" to a log programmer by programmer.  This is very helpful
in debugging basic subroutines for the Web.

Our Eclipse based tool called XLr8Developer that allows you to build your
web forms.  We have XLr8Object Editor that allows you to build the objects
to talk with the web.  We allow, through our JavaScript API, to call any
UniBasic subroutine that you already have on your system.  These all work
with version control systems such as CVS, Subversion, Preforce or Git.  We
have spoken at length with PRC and can interface with their version control
system as well.

Probably the hardest feature to quantify is that we expect you to custom
many things we produce such as HTML or JavaScript.  So, we have many ways
that allows you the create the forms that more match your business without a
lot of fuss.  We have hooks to call any routine through out the JavaScript
that you may need to do something we have not thought of.

We have over 700 forms running applications that we own such at Customer
Resource Management, Distribution, Accounting, Warehousing, Moving and
Storage, Food Service Dispatch, Broker Dispatch, Alpaca Herd Management,
Payroll and Document Management all written with these tools.

We are currently writing a interface to an open source report writer that
should be available next quarter.
[/ad]

Regards,
Doug