Curt,
We are also on a Windows 2003 virtualized environment and experiencing the
exact same thing.  We have been working with Rocket and our vendor a lot
over the past couple of months trying to track this down, but have not done
so yet.

Just last week, Rocket suggested we add a second processor to that machine
which we did and they also suggested unchecking the box "interact with
desktop" in the Universe Telnet service.  We did both of these last week and
only had one problem this week which lasted about 2 minutes.

Prior to making these changes we were seeing the issue about every other day
so it looks like those suggestions may have helped, but still not completely
fixed our problem.