Yes, we have seen this happen quite frequently on our Windows 2003 virtual
server.  Go into Windows Services and find the Universe Telnet service and
on the second tab (i think) there is a checkbox for interact with desktop.
Make sure that's not checked.  This is what Rocket told us.

It hasn't completely fixed our issue but seems to have helped.  Could be
just luck though.