Hi Baker

We have 2 tier with the business rules in the database and a VB.Net frontend.
We are also installing 3 tier with webservise based on IINet.  The backend is
UniVerse

We use VB.Net as it has better interaction with office, that C# cannot easily
do and it is easier for people who have not had C++ or java experience.  C#
developers can write VB, but VB developers don't easily handle C#, so I double
the available developers with VB.

We use subroutines in UniVerse as the business rules, and pass the data to
datasets in .Net.  Due to complexity, we find it quicker and better to keep the
business rules in UniVerse Basic.  As the business rules are integrated with
the database, we believe there is a performance advantage over a middle tier
business rule engine, but we have not tested that theory.

Regards

David Jordan