I'm wondering if the problem might be the provider string in setting up the
SQL Server linked server.  Looking at the IBM/Rocket documentation I'm not
seeing a single word about what this provider string is supposed to look
like.  The client currently has this provider string for the UniOLEDB
driver:

ODBC;DataSource=ADS;DSN=ADS;SRV=ADS;DBQ=/ud/XXX;DATABASE=

...and as far as I have heard it works on one SQL Server instance, but fails
miserably on an exact duplicate system.

Two systems, identical in every way with the exception of distinct SQL
Server database instances, same U2 ODBC and OLEDB drivers, and yet one works
and the other... blows chunks with "catastrophic failure" and stuff like
that.  Ideas?

-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com