From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Rajesh Menon
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 1:56 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] OPENSEQ and Abnormal termination of UV

Does anyone knows what is happening here:
I am trying to open a text file (over 4Gb) using OPENSEQ and storing the
file variable into a array as follows:
COMMON /MYPROG/ FILEVARS(10)
OPENSEQ "/tmp/file.txt" to FILEVARS(1) ELSE ...
This operation results abnormal termination with fault type error 11. Fault
occurred at address 1c (which is the OPENSEQ command.). If the file size is
less than 2147483647 bytes (2Gb), it works.

Opening the same file using a scalar file variable always work irrespective
of the file size.
OPENSEQ "/tmp/file.txt" TO FV.FILE ELSE ...

Any reason why the first method failing for +2Gb files? Any workarounds?

Universe: 10.2.7
AIX:  5.3

Thanks
Rajesh Menon