From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Anthony W.
Youngman
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:45 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] OPENSEQ and Abnormal termination of UV

In message
<e6179e13392ec14aabcd5272c3aedd61124ec...@exchangesvr.momtex.com>, John
Hester <jhes...@momtex.com> writes
>I think it's something along those lines, but I don't think it's trying
>to stick the entire contents of the file into a variable.  What I think
>OPENSEQ is doing is keeping track of the position where the EOF mark is
>so it will know when the end of the file is reached.  For a file
greater
>than 2GB in size, this position is an integer that takes more than 32
>bits to store.  UV, being a 32-bit application, is not going to be able
>to handle it.  The maximum positive integer value a 32-bit application
>can reference is 2147483647.

The problem is, FV.FILE and FILEVARS(1) are *allegedly* *functionally*
*identical*. An element of a dimensioned array, is supposed to be a
normal variable in every way shape or form.

The problem is that, in this instance, it clearly isn't because the
variable works while the element (allegedly identical) causes a crash.

I'd agree with Perry. It's a bug.