From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Hester
Sent: 18 May 2010 20:31
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] OPENSEQ and Abnormal termination of UV

Reading my own response just made me realize what's going on.  I think
Jerry's response was right.  I remember many years ago (I won't say how
many) when we were on much slower hardware, explaining to a coworker
that it was better to use dimensioned arrays when possible because they
were faster to populate than dynamic arrays.  The reason they're faster
is because the necessary space for them is already reserved in memory.
A dynamic array has to go out and find add'l memory each time you add to
it.  Looks like putting a sequential file in a dimensioned array makes
it go out and reserve a block of memory the size of the entire file.  If
that's the case then making FILEVARS a dynamic array *should* work.

-John