From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Gregor Scott
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:44 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] wIntegrate equivalent of System
BuilderTU.CLIENT.GETENV subroutine

Doug,

there is a client-side function called "GetEnv()" which you can use:
>From the 6.1.3 Client scripting manual--------------

Syntax
        GetEnv var_name, [check_exists]

Description
        The GetEnv function gets the value of an OS environmental
variable.
If the variable
        does not exist it returns "". The variable can be checked to see
if
it does exist by
        passing true as a second parameter to the function.

Parameters
        The following table describes the parameters of the GetEnv
command:
        Parameter               Description
        var_name                The name of the variable enclosed in
quotes.
        check_exists    If specified as true this parameter will return
true
                                (1) if the variable exists or false (0)
if
it doesn't.

Return Value
        The value of the environmental variable unless check_exists is
true
in which case
        either true or false is returned.

Example
        Display the TEMP variable on Windows
                MessageBox "The TEMP variable is ":GetEnv("TEMP")

Version
        6.0.3 Original version

The host subroutine WIN.EVAL can be used to return the value of an
environment variable:

call WIN.EVAL('GetEnv("TEMP")',val.TEMP)

Gregor