From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of George Land
Sent: 13 August 2010 07:48
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] mv.NET and U2.NET

Tony,

You are very good at asserting things about which you have no knowledge,
putting forward statements as facts that have no foundation.

You and I have never, to the best of my knowledge, met.   I know nothing
about you other than as a name on this list and I guess you know as little
about me.  You say "George, you're not a U2.NET user", you know that do you?
You say "Please ... get someone with technical insight into this forum" and
accuse me of using "marketing rhetoric".

Apparently I'm "making the assertion that responses to technical questions
suddenly become non-technical when the respondant mentions a for-fee
solution", am I?  Don't remember doing that.

As I say, you don't know me, but I can trade technical U2 credentials with
anyone, 27 years starting with RPL on CMC Reality through every variation of
mv database, language and most tools you can think of to web based
applications built on U2 today.  Along the way I've had a significant
involvement in three applications that have each sold thousands of seats and
generated millions in revenues.  Fortunately the third one of those my
business partner and I own so today I split my time between leading a
development team and the other pressures of running small group of
companies.

So I'm a developer too, just one that's been fortunate enough to have a lot
of commercial success with my products, it is not lack of technical insight
that stops me getting involved in a 'nuts and bolts' discussion on these
products.   It is simply that I don't think this is an appropriate forum to
do it, nor do I think it is particularly wise if there is any element of
comparison with another product.

I'm not commenting on your position, but mine is as a vendor with a declared
interest and I don't see vendor comments about the products they sell being
welcome here.  I don't see others doing it and, other than correcting
errors, I'm not about to do it myself.

George Land
APT Solutions Limited
U2 UK Distributor