Hi Bill
Just to add my twopence worth:-
1 RedHat is excellent but it's best to use the Enterprise version or you may
run into problems (ran out of inodes on the normal version)
2 It's always best to re-compile and re-catalog anyway.  Also, you will need
to fnuxi the files beforehand.
3 Went from HP to RedHat and the main problems we had were in the System
Builder application.
4 See 1 above
5 Never tried, not supported by U2
6 Loads, also lots of things to do before migrating
7 Let me have an e-mail address and when I get home tonight I'll send you a
check sheet of things to do to ease migration