From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:47 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Index based on an I desc of TRANS data

I just created an Index on a fairly large file based on an I Desc.

The IDESC is combination of Concatenating 5 TRANS()'d fields.

After the index was built, it works great....but just curious, Will the
index get updated automatically, when the source file's data changes?
(remember, the index is based on TRANS'd data), Or
will I need to periodically rebuild the index, which in itself wouldn't be an
issue as the source file doesn't change very often.

This is on UV.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com

________________________________ Dave Davis Team Lead, R&amp;D P: 614-875-4910
x108 F: 614-875-4088 E: dda...@harriscomputer.com
[http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/HarrisSchools.gif]
[http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/DivisionofHarris.gif]
 6110 Enterprise Parkway Grove City, OH 43123 www.harris-schoolsolutions.com
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged or confidential
 or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named
addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate
this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately
 by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.