I didn't think so....

It's not worth the trigger route. The data isn't used on a daily basis,
and when it used, it's not an issue to delete and rebuild the index. For
the 3 minutes it takes to build the index, it will make life much easier
when we are using that field to do manual searches.

A manual search without the index takes a little over a minute
with the index, about 2 seconds