On 09/11/10 23:14, Richard Conway wrote:
> Thanks for that, I hadn't actually downloaded it at that point and I didn't
> see it elsewhere on their web site.
>
> My main concern is how the existing data and programs written in Unibasic
> actually handle the move from a Unix environment to a Windows one. I know
> there is at least one call to a Unix function that will fail, but I'm not
> sure about generally how interoperable the two environments are.
>
> Has anyone tried anything like this? If so, what are the most likely/obvious
> pitfalls?

It's years since I did that (UV on a Prime EXL7330 to UV on NT4 (or even
3.5)). But it was a pretty easy move. As you say, the biggest problem
was one of our major programs (year end) did an awful lot of its work
via calls out to the OS. However, we'd moved from PI on Primos a few
years earlier, so we knew the pitfalls ...

Cheers,
Wol