From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:12 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] New Client Specifics

Bill:

Do I have to load up some "crap" onto my client before I can run BDT?
Does it use UniObjects?  Would there be a problem if the timeout period for
the UniRPC daemon was reduced to 5 minutes (this seemed to cause no end of
grief to those using the previous incarnation of the development tool, which
we could never get working properly anyway)?

I have the most recent version of the UD "clients" software (v7.2A) and
didn't see any documentation regarding either installation or use of the
product.  Am I missing something or is it just for UV?

Thanks,

Bill Brutzman said the following on 11/11/2010 12:22 PM:
> Going from a traditional editor (like EditPlus) to BDT is like going from
a propeller-plane to a jet.

> Because I had some connectivity problems with UV 10.1, before I could not
get BDT to work.  Now with UV 10.3.6, BDT works.

> For working code that I have imported into BDT, some lines show up with
warning flags.  Undefined variables get highlighted.  I can right-click to
compile and catalog.