> Obviously he didn't provide the information that candidates need to
decide whether or not they feel they're qualified.

Maybe, just maybe, he meant it when he said it was a very sensitive
placement and, as such, he couldn't say anything about it. Maybe he
figured there might be someone on this list who was looking for a change
and was willing to take a couple minutes to follow up with him in private.
Instead, he got piled on by some in this group in what I have to say was a
very bizarre and incestuous turn of mood.

A very wise friend once told me "you can't ascribe motive." If you don't
know Joe, and know him well, you have absolutely no idea what his motive
is. Don't try to guess, even if your guess is based on a long history of
supposedly relevant experience. If you don't want to talk to him. Don't.
Delete his email and move on.

> Why do I get bent about this? Because when this is over yet another
end-user is going to have more "proof" of how hard it is to find talent in
this industry, and some good technicians might remain jobless in a tough
economy.

Or maybe we'll have yet another end-user, or worse yet, a bunch of
recruiters, who are so totally put off by the attitudes of some in U2UG
that they'll write us off because it's just not worth the frustration when
there are much bigger ponds in which they can go fishing. Just sayin'.

My 2 cents,
Brad

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.