From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:26 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] PICK Systems Administrator position

> From: Mecki Foerthmann
> Forget it Tony.
> I know Joe, he is genuine and actually got me a job once.

Then he should have known better.  Obviously he didn't provide the
information that candidates need to decide whether or not they feel they're
qualified.  Everyone's time here has been wasted by this "genuine" service
provider.  He's also obviously seen our exchanges here and has chosen not to
provide a minimal amount of information.  He's compounded his error rather
than fixing it - and even took the time to complain about his own business
problems in the process.

I don't get into this mode when people are sincerely in need of help.  I
have no problem when someone is really clueless but interested in getting an
education or finding some help.  I do get bent when people who are supposed
to be professional make every amateur mistake possible and don't take steps
to correct it.  With each day that goes by, this guy alienates himself from
more opportunities to do business in this market.  Why do I get bent about
this?  Because when this is over yet another end-user is going to have more
"proof" of how hard it is to find talent in this industry, and some good
technicians might remain jobless in a tough economy.  Everyone in this
market suffers through the incompetence of people like this and no one else
says anything about it.  I feel bad being an occasional loudmouth on stuff
like this in our community but to me it's worth it if any individual or
company benefits.