I might be missing something simple and obvious but don't see unidata
supporting a-type dict entries:

:ECLTYPE P
:AE DICT DICTTEST ATEST
Top of "ATEST" in "DICT DICTTEST", 10 lines, 16 characters.
*--: P
001: A
002: 1
003: A1
004:
005:
006:
007:
008:
009: L
010: 10
Bottom.
*--: EX
Quit "ATEST" in file "DICT DICTTEST" unchanged.
:
:LIST DICTTEST ATEST

Illegal attribute name: ATEST

What am I missing?

How would you run unidata in case insensitive mode so that "ABC"="abc"?