You can store all your documents directly into U2.  Then customize your
business software to access it, without adding another software product.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Ross Ferris
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:39 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Document Management

Tony,

Drop me an email - we have a system in Visage that "might" fit the bill.
Actually we have done a few different varieties around the same theme, and
have integrated aspects of this across our R5 ERP system, so people can
store an original faxed order and a scanned copy of signed invoice for POD
against an invoice etc. etc.

We have done document control stuff "for ages", initially as part of our QA
system (http://www.stamina.com.au/R5/QualityAssurance.htm), and more
recently (apart from R5 integration above) as part of an integrated OH&S
system, as well as some workflow automation "stuff". We also did  a
stand-alone VB version at one stage.

Nothing overly fancy, but as you indicated, eye candy, tweaks & leveraging
3rd party capabilities are fairly straight forward

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage > Better by Design!