From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: 09 August 2011 00:39
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] uniobjects question

Doug, as confirmed by the experience of others, and confirming
your own suspicion, we can say with certainty "it's not possible
to have a functional app where CRT and INPUT are encountered by
UO".

The only way to use traditional code like that is to skip UO and
to use a telnet or SSH client from your language of choice,
feeding input to the server, waiting for a response, and parsing
the output.  That mechanism works fine until something unexpected
comes up.  Then you need some supporting handlers around your
code to recover from the error, avoid keeping the process and
license locked, restart a new process, log the event, etc.  This
is screen scraping, and while there are some fine solutions that
do this, they are generally shunned for heavy processing in favor
of less volatile solutions.

In summary, do you see the two big glowing eyes peering back at
you from deep inside of that dark cave?  You know better than to
go in there, right?  :)

HTH