On 02/09/11 17:47, Steve Romanow wrote:
> The odbc way requires you to use VSG to normalize your U2 data.
> DataVue does not.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but ...

Aiui, ODBC (on UV at least) is no longer a native data access
technology, but it sits on top of OleDB. So if you can avoid ODBC you
should.

I'm also pretty sure I've accessed UV data files, using SQL, without
ODBC-ising them. The results have been a bit strange on occasion, thanks
to unclean dictionaries, but it's been a lot easier than getting ODBC to
work.

If DataVue accesses the database using the same technique, it would be
far better than ODBC.

Cheers,
Wol