Unfortunately, these days I'm having a hard time "thinking" of anything normal in particular; Anglo-Saxon or not! :-)

Bill

----- Original Message -----
*From:* antli...@youngman.org.uk
*To:* u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
*Date:* 12/14/2011 2:32 PM
*Subject:* Re: [U2] Extract first and last name from free-form name
On 14/12/11 16:30, Bill Haskett wrote:
As usual, one has to ask if the complexities involved in managing all
potentialities ensures that the simplest, and by far the most usual,
scenarios are at best difficult to implement. :-(

Bill

The trouble is, even in the Anglo-Saxon world, what YOU think of as "the norm" is very different to what we think (for example, personally I've NEVER come across II, III, Jr, Snr over here apart from one instance of an expat American).

And, still in the Anglo-Saxon world, I only have to travel 400 miles and I'm in a culture where apparently women keep their maiden name as a matter of course in marriage...

Cheers,
Wol