> From: Bob Rasmussen
> It would be conceivable, though not necessarily
> profitable, to have an Excel add-in that would pull
> data out of Pick via a network-based object call.

Conceivable? How about Done. Phil Gerber has referred people to
NebulaXChange as the replacement for CrowFlite.
http://nebula-rnd.com/blog/tech/2009/03/xchange-intro1.html
(Not bothering with nospam anymore...)
If nothing else, just look at the screenshots.

That blog links back to another 2007 blog which has code showing
how to connect from Excel to any MV platform via a web service.
The takeaway here is that anyone here can have a solution for
Excel-to-U2 today, for free.

(NebulaXChange for U2 can connect with UO.NET, mv.NET, telnet, or
SSH.)

Not necessarily profitable? Righteo! Not in this market. Once
again, people will go for years longing for something that
already exists, the underlying theme being "it must be free". The
mentality of "free" (not related to "open source") or at least
the insistence that for some reason Pick tools need to be
"cheap", has seriously done a lot to kill innovation. It has
destroyed the motivation for developers like me to create
solutions which address common needs. NebulaXChange never went
production because of kickback on a couple hundred dollar price
tag. I might rethink that. It might seem weird to say this, but
XChange is software that just deserves to be used.

Frustration with this market obvious? :)