The universe compiler (-xref) option is pretty useful for tracking down
variable usage.  Specifically, I'd like to eliminate assigned but unused
variables, so I'm looking for output that has single assignments only.   It
looks like the raw compiler output from -X is from an intermediate file and
then captured using retrieve.   Does anyone know if the intermediate file is
available for running my own reports?

On d3 it was the BSYM file and you could write your own reports to find what
you need.   I'm looking for something similar on universe because scanning for
these variable assignments from large programs is very tedious using the
current data in the captured cross reference listing that comes out of the
source.L file.

Worst case, I guess I could write another program to scan that record for what
I need.

-Troy

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs. For
more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

This email is intended only for the use of the party to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or protected by
law.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of the email or its contents is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately, by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

WARNING: Internet communications are not assured to be secure or clear of
inaccuracies as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, we do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this email, or
any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission.