The goal of any tool is to make us, programmers, more productive.  I've
used Accuterm back in 90's and even with all of the enhancements, it
requires a telnet session to work.  Not the best way to show new
programmers that you have a telnet session open to compile a program.

The big question I always ask is does this make me productive?  To a
limited extent telnet emulators do whether it is Accuterm or wIntegrate.
Below are a list of productive features that are off the top of my head
that an Eclipse editor brings to the table:

1) Ability to see where each variable is used by line number and is
clickable
2) Built-in version control without need of scripts on any UniBasic code to
implement
3) All programs you edit are stored locally every time you hit the save or
compile option
4) Built-in compare editor between database and local version to customer
and shipping version
5) Hit a function key to look at the INCLUDE or the CALL routine
6) Built-in search function that shows the matching line number
7) Ability to have editors open to Customers, QA box, and a live box in one
Eclipse session.
8) As you type compiler messages from the real compiler

There is a IT manager I've know for 30 years now, said to me recently, I
better get your tools in here and get my programmers up to speed on them or
they might not have jobs when I retire next year.  Think about

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com/tools.html
"Editors, Resizing, Installing, and Web Development tools"