You've restored from backups where files were locked during the backup?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Haskett <wphask...@advantos.net>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 8:33 am
Subject: Re: [U2] dbpause/dbresume or stopud/startud

David:

I'm sure I don't have a complete understanding of your situation. I use
"dbpause" all the time and run backups using Windows backup utilities.
I don't think they have a problem backing up locked files because of the
volume Shadow Copy functionality built into Windows (of course the
service needs to be running).

Our backups have been running on a number of machines over the last
seven or eight years.  Am I missing something?

Bill