The etymology question about "Q" has deteriorated into a PI vs Pick discussion.
In the Pick User GoogleGroup, it's about words that rhyme with "orange".

No one has the definitive historical answer? I thought maybe our resident historian, Dawn Wolthuis, would notice my "dawning days of Pick" comment and chime in.

"Quick" is the best anyone has come up with, I guess.