From: Allen Bell <apb...@psiwav.com>
To: u2-users <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Nov 29, 2012 7:26 am
Subject: Re: [U2] BFORMAT

Seriously though, the original poster's question was whether anyone had
the source code for a Format program. On UniVerse you will find the
source code for both the FORMAT verb (which calls the FORMAT.BASIC
subroutine in files BP and APP.PROGS. The fromnt end for the FORMAT and
FANCY.FORMAT verbs are named FORMAT.B (this is where you would change
the default parameters for margins, etc.) and the code in APP.PROGS is
named FMT.BASIC.B.

Yoou can change the source for either (or both) of those items to make
them work whatever way you want. Just make sure you understand how to
globally catalog them properly, particularly the one in APP.PROGS which
must be globally cataloged as -FORMAT.BASIC

The built in FORMAT (and FANCY.FORMAT) command from within ED will then
work as you want or the version of the verb FORMAT from will work as you
want.

AB