That was my question as well, do you telnet or ssh into the box?  Once you
login su over to root and do

errpt -aD

this will give you short listing of all the errors aix has logged and
consolidates duplicate errors (see below for an example)

LABEL:           STOK_RCVRY_EXIT
Date/Time:       Tue Dec 14 15:25:33
Type:            TEMP
Resource Name:   tok0
Description
PROBLEM RESOLVED
Detail Data
FILE NAME
line: 273 file: stok_wdt.c
SENSE DATA
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
DEVICE ADDRESS
0004 AC62 25F1

My aix sysadmin days are way behind me  but I am willing to bet that the
company has a aix support contract and you could contact them to help with
any errors found.

dougc