On 16/03/2013 16:23, Robert Houben wrote:
How you use these networks depends on the nature of your brand.  LinkedIn is
the clear winner for B2B interaction, while Facebook is huge for B2C brands, or
anything with a mainstream consumer component.

I use Facebook for personal connections and LinkedIn for business connections,
and I try not to cross-pollinate too much! :)

Be aware that according to Gartner, the largest single demographic using
Twitter is not teens and tweens, but baby boomers!  While the former get all
the media attention, your prospective customers and suppliers are probably
among the latter.  They can all improve your SEO more than anything else you
do, but note that Google+ improves it inordinately (I'm pretty sure Google
gives it priority.)

Google+ is also the winner social network for FLOSS developers - not least because of that distrust of farcebook amongst many of them. I've got a linked-in account and a G+ account but refuse to have one on facebook ...

Cheers,
Wol