On 04/04/2013 16:54, Bruce Conway - Bamac LTD wrote:
I may have missed this discussion but if someone can help me that would be
great.

We have been executing a SB command to windows to open Adobe and print the
PDF document. We would like to either not have to open Adobe and print the
document or print the document from within our Unix box.

We have a hp7640 11iv3 running on an Itanium processor.

I don't know whether the hp7460 is one of them, but a lot of modern printers are pdf printers. If it's a postscript printer there's a decent chance it's also a pdf printer.

In which case, just copy the the pdf to the printer (dump it to tcp:9100, ftp it across, dump the file across the raw connection, whatever) and the printer will recognise and print it. Just look at the options the printer's network card offers you for transferring print jobs.

Cheers,
Wol