From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wjhonson
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:45 AM
To: wjhon...@aol.com; u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] U2 demos and sample code now on Github

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel McGrath <dmcgr...@rocketsoftware.com>
To: Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, May 21, 2013 8:58 pm
Subject: RE: [U2] U2 demos and sample code now on Github Hi,

You cannot directly edit our repositories, but this is a 'Fork' button that
will create a copy of it in Github under your account name. You can then edit
anything there. You can have the system submit patches back by doing a 'Pull
Request', which will automatically create an issue on our repositories issue
page, along with a request that contains all your changes to us. From this we
can review it and choose to accept it back into the Rocket repository.

If you are logged into your Github account, each file you view will have an
edit button. This allows you to edit the file directly in the browser. If you
click this edit button on our repository, it will automatically do the fork for
you and save your edits in your forked copy.

This is the sort of information I'm planning to explain in the webinar. It is
much easier to convey by showing it in action.

Regards,
Dan