From: McGowan, Ian [mailto:james.mcgo...@bankofthewest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:11 PM
To: sjos...@sjplus.com; U2 Users List
Subject: RE: [U2] Writing into metadata

Another great tool, with a little bit of a learning curve though, is
exiftool: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

I am using it to reorganize a large photo library (which it's awesome for),
but this page talks about updating tags:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/#writing

It can be as simple as:

#exiftool "-DateTimeOriginal+=5:10:2 10:48:0" IMG_1234.JPG

To update the DateTimeOriginal tag.