On 15/07/13 18:15, randyleesmith wrote:
> You all have given me a lot to work with. Thank you.
>
> I forgot to mentioned that the report I'm changing is part of a number of
> other similar reports.
>
> They all need to be together in the same printer spool. They are printed
> together as one big report.
>
> Since I don't know, or remember, much about SETPTR I'm not sure if there is
> a way to keep everything in the same spooler.

Ummm. If it's part of a bunch of reports, then changing the channel
might well mess things up. I don't think it will if they're just run
sequentially, though.

> It looks like I need to make CIP and LPI changes too.
>
> I'll need to look up all the parameters for SETPTR.

I think there are options for holding a print channel open, so you can
send several reports, then do a close and they all go to the OS spooler
as a single job. I don't think that's what you want here.

(off-topic - another useful trick for multiple channels is the summary
report - okay you really need a BASIC program for this - but I've had a
program print several independent reports, saving some data for each and
dumping this to a separate channel, which finally gets closed and
printed as a separate report. I've seen programmers print the individual
reports, then go back and repeat the calculations to print the summary!
That or store the data in some complex data structure ...)

Cheers,
Wol