Thank-you, Ryan.

We don't use triggers. Mostly because it makes RAID difficult. And it used to be a serious performance hit I don't know how true that is today.

I am looking forward to using the new @IDX.IOTYPE because we do have a couple pseudo-trigger index using an I-descriptor subroutine to update a file. There is an issue or 2 in the release notes about indexed subroutines that do updates.

   11.1.0UNV-4025
   Prior to this release, updates performed within a UniVerse BASIC
   subroutine called through an indexed I-type may have failed when the
   index update was being done within a transaction. For example, if
   the file containing the indexed I-type was updated within a BEGIN
   TRANSACTION/END TRANSACTION block in a UniVerse BASIC program, any
   updates done in the indexed subroutine could fail.

I haven't seen that corruption. I don't know when it was introduced. They don't tell us that.

cds