On 16/12/2013 23:42, Robert Frailey wrote:
> Some of the biggest mistakes you made.
Corrupted the first install of Exchange, messed up all the right but made a backup bgefore I did it, saved the day.
What's really annoying is when the "experts" mess up - especially when they were instructed not to!

I set up an Exchange server, but my manager got a consultant in to redo it. We had a user, "ExchangeAdmin", for precisely that task.

So what did the consultant do (despite, as I say, being told not to)? He used "Administrator" as the Exchange admin id. Dunno if they've changed it, but it always used to be "re-install Exchange if you change the admin password". Then the MD sacked out network administrator and demanded we changed all the master passwords ... cue chaos as Exchange broke and had to be rebuilt ...

Cheers,
Wol