Hmmm

what's your MFILES ?

Regards

JayJay

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Porter
Sent: 27 January 2004 23:10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Periodic COMO file problem

It's a Type 1 file. And editing any record even a new one in the file (really a directory) would result in the problem.  I would think, if it was a bad spot on the disk, predictive support should have shown it by now. Even if it was bad, everything is mirrored with MirrorDisk/UX, LVM w/OnlineJFS. That LE should have gone stale and the mirror should have taken over. But it's a direction I haven't considered and worth looking into. Thanks.

As for it being large, even the small/new records did this. We left them there for a couple hours, waiting until we could bring the system down and it still never worked.

Thanks,
rfp