In a message dated 2/6/2004 5:46:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

When I  issue the following LIST command, there is are apparent bad
characters,  ascii box drawing characters.

How can I clear them ?  The two  characters show up a single "box" below.

Thus far, I have had no luck  using EditPlus, HP-Unix vi, UniVerse Edit
Up-Arrow mode, or UV.VI.

I tried the ascii equivalents of the box characters  per...

I've had some success by selecting the part of the key you can identify and
then deleting the items selected. You might have to work around the good keys
and bad keys getting selected (see if you can save the list, edit the good
ones  out, and get the list; otherwise, copy them to some other place.)
If that doesn't work, oftening copying all the items in the file to another
file will not copy the bad ones; then just do a clearfile and copy what's left
 back again.
Good luck.
Ron