Baruch,

Which side of RedBack are you thinking about siting under Linux?

Here's what we have:

- Client (i.e. Web Server) side we run on IIS under Win2K/Win2003.
- Server side we run against UniVerse on Linux for development.

Our customers happen to be running UniVerse on Win2K or on UNIX for their
live systems  There do not seem to be any noticeable differences in
performance here - none are running it live on Linux so I can't confirm the
scalability, but we have run almost all of our UniVerse systems against
Linux for years and found it to be solid and I can see no reasons why
RedBack should not perform as well under Linux as it does under UNIX. Having
said that, having a good level of Linux knowledge in-house helps.

I'm not sure whether I'd risk running the Client (Web Server) side against
Apache though - there are plug in  ASP modules (e.g. Chillisoft) but I have
not heard of anyone making serious use of them. I stand to be corrected if
anyone on the list has.

Regards,

Brian