From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Vance Dailey
Sent: 04 March 2004 20:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Brower based terminal emulator

We are considering running Linux on our user desktops and I am looking
for a
recommendation for a terminal emulation solution. One possibility is to
find
a terminal emulation program which runs locally on each desktop under
Linux.
A second possibility is to setup a server and use a web browser (such as
Mozilla or FireFox) on the user desktops to access the applications.
Ideally
the solution will work on both Windows and Linux desktops given that
some
desktops will likely have to remain Windows based. We run Universe 9.6
and
currently use a mix of Dynamic Connect and Wintegrate 4. Our current
emulation is Wyse 60.

I look forward to hearing about any good or bad experiences anyone has
had.

Thanks,
Vance

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.