From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Stephen O'Neal
Sent: 09 March 2004 09:16
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: UniVerse on NT vs *nix - Higher User Counts with W2003?

Yes, currently, most W2000 installations max out at about 300 users.

We may be at a point of transition.  The old ceiling of around 300 users on
W2000 may increase to a higher threshold with W2003.

Initial tests (although limited) on W2003 point to some of the inherent
bottlenecks may be removed that were in W2000.

We have not performed any formal benchmarks (nor do we have any scheduled
soon) to attempt to scale a W2003 system to maximum user load with an
application.

(Humor here...) Given the huge sucking sound that comes from the black hole
in the "UniVerse" called Microsoft, I believe there will be someone out
there that will upgrade from W2000 to W2003.  They may observe more
scalability of their applications as we have in our limited testing.  This
may be the first place where we observe the user counts going up on W2003
systems.

Has anyone performed an upgrade from W2000 to W2003 and gotten more users
on their system?  (Quantify if possible.)

Curious,
   Steve

   Stephen M. O'Neal, CDP
   IBM Data Management Solutions
   U2 Professional Services, Special Projects)

                      "Ken Wallis"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'U2 Users Discussion List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      st.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: UniVerse on NT vs *nix

                      u2-users-bounces@

                      oliver.com

                      03/08/2004 06:42

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      U2 Users

                      Discussion List

Sara Burns wrote:

>I am under considerable pressure to convert from UniVerse on
>AIX to UniVerse on Windows 2003.
>
>We have licenses for 320 users and do get up to this number at times
>although 300 is more normal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE.
This communication is intended solely for the person (s) or organisation to whom
it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and confidential information and if
you are not the intended recipient (s), you must not copy, distribute or take
any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the sender and copy the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]