truly is application dependant.

Like all systems, the limit would manifest itself as:
1) all of the CPU is utilized
2) the system is disk bound
3) when the system has available resources and yet does not use them.

Any one of these would cause the "wall" to be hit where you would not be
able to have any more users log on to the system or work really, really
slow.

#3 is commonly due to a "hot" semaphore, which a reorganization of the lock
table would resolve.  However, on the Windows systems where the limit is
experienced, you can't change anything in the UVCONFIG file for it to run
faster.

Thanks,
   Steve

   Stephen M. O'Neal, CDP
   IBM Data Management Solutions
   U2 Professional Services, Special Projects

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Kirkham, Simon"    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ane.gov.uk>         |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ver.com             |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           03/09/2004 03:48 AM |
|         |           Please respond to U2|
|         |           Users Discussion    |
|         |           List                |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       "U2 Users Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                     |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  RE: UniVerse on NT vs *nix - Higher User Counts with W2003?

<snip>

We've got a 300 user enterprise installation runnning on win2k
(enterprise), and the user count regularly goes well over 300 (388 right
now). What symptoms of hitting the around 300 user ceiling might I see?

<snip>