Wendy Smoak wrote:
I have some UOJ code that runs a program on the database host and
creates a file in _HOLD_.

This is on HP-UX 11, and _HOLD_ has these permissions:
drwxrws--- 2 user1 live 37888 Mar 10 09:08 _HOLD_

But, when I run the UOJ program, the file gets created like this:
-rw-r--r--   1 user2    live          4729 Mar 10 08:59
FFAREP.02.WSMOAK.031004

The default umask may be someplace like /etc/profile or /etc/default/login depending on your platform. Permissions on files created by OUJ logins on our system appear to be determined by the .profile of the UOJ login though. Don't know why yours would be different.

-John